Department accidents can cause significant injuries and financial burdens. If you were hurt in one, look no further than our firm. Our Houston premises liability lawyer is on your side.
What are the common causes of department store accidents in Texas?
Department store accidents can occur as a result of a number of different factors. Keep in mind, however, that most of them are a direct result of employee and/or store owner negligence. Some of the most common examples of this type of negligence that our firm has seen include the following:
- Inadequately lit parking lot
- Merchandise falling from shelves
- Spills left unattended
- Broken glass
- Faulty elevators or escalators
- Poorly placed floor mats
If you were injured in a department store because of the negligence of another, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Reach out to our firm today to learn more about your legal options.
What steps should I do after my accident?
If you would like to pursue legal action after your department store accident in Texas, you will want to ensure that you are aware of the proper steps to follow directly after your injury. Each of the following measures should be taken to protect yourself and your future. These steps will also set you up for a successful personal injury claim:
- Make the store owner aware of the accident so that they can file an incident report.
- Call 911. The police should arrive on the scene to file a police report. Also, make sure you request medical personal if you are in need of medical attention.
- Pursue treatment for your injuries right away. After you have been treated, ask the doctor for any medical documents relevant to your treatment.
- Take pictures and videos of the conditions that caused your accident. Take pictures of your injuries.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information.
- Contact our experienced Houston personal injury attorneys. They will be able to collect any appropriate proof required for your case including security footage of the accident.
Can I recover compensation after a department store accident?
If you were injured and can prove that your injuries are a direct result of the property owner’s negligence and failure to maintain a safe property for those who enter it, you may be entitled to financial compensation. It is important to recognize that there are several different types of compensation you can obtain in Texas. Some include:
- Lost wages
- Lost future wages
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON PERSONAL INJURY FIRM
If you require legal representation for personal injury matters, look no further than The Gonzalez Law Group. Schedule your initial consultation with our team to learn more about our services and how we can assist you. Contact us today.