Motorcycle accidents are serious. If you were hurt in one, do not wait to reach out to our skilled Houston motorcycle accident lawyer to discuss the specifics of your case and your options. Our legal team is on your side no matter what.
What are the common causes of motorcycle accidents in Texas?
Motorcycles are dangerous. As a result, there are a number of different ways these accidents can occur. In some cases, a motorcyclist is responsible for their own injuries, however, in most cases, another motorist can be at fault. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents that our firm has seen include the following:
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI): Some motorists who cause motorcycle accidents are also charged with drunk driving offenses;
- Left Turn Crashes: When other drivers turn left in front of oncoming motorcycles, the motorcyclists are vulnerable to collisions;
- Intersection Collisions: Crashes happen when other vehicles fail to stop or yield at specific intersections;
- Rear-End Collisions: While most passenger vehicle “fender benders” result in minimal damage, a motor vehicle that hits a motorcycle from behind—even at a low speed—can toss the motorcyclist several feet from his or her bike;
- Lane Change Accidents: If motorcycles and passenger vehicles are traveling the same direction, a driver’s failure to check his or her blind spot can lead to a horrible collision during an attempted lane change;
- Defective Parts: Some motorcycle crashes do not concern other vehicles, or the collisions are the result of malfunctioning motorcycle parts, in which case, third parties may be liable; and
- Unsafe Roadways: Governmental agencies can be responsible when an accident is the result of a poorly maintained, designed, constructed, or highway.
If you were injured as a result of any of the following, you may want to consider your legal options. Reach out to our firm today to learn more about how our legal team can best serve you.
What types of injuries can be sustained from motorcycle accidents?
Most motorcycle accidents leave the crash victim with severe injuries. Recovery can last many weeks, months, or even years, and oftentimes, those injured will face staggering medical expenses while being unable to return to work.
Some of the most serious kinds of injuries in that can result from these accidents can include, but are not limited to the following:
- Neck Injuries
- Eye Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Road Rash
- Fractures (Broken Bones)
- Herniated Discs
- Internal Organ Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON PERSONAL INJURY FIRM
If you require legal representation for personal injury matters, look no further than The Gonzalez Law Group. Schedule your initial consultation with our team to learn more about our services and how we can assist you. Contact us today.