It is important to keep in mind the liability property owners have to keep their property safe for others who enter it. If you were injured on one’s property because of the negligence of another, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Read on and reach out to our Houston premises liability lawyer today to learn more about how we can help.
What are Texas’ premises liability laws?
Recognize that in Texas, property owners can be held responsible in the event that an individual is injured because of his or her failure to maintain their property for the safety of those who enter it. Some of the most common types of accidents that can occur as a result of this include the following:
- Dangerous conditions
- Inadequate maintenance
- Slip and fall accidents
- Poor weather conditions
- Inadequate lighting
- Faulty security
If you were injured on another’s property due to any of the above, you may want to consider your legal options. Our legal team can assess the facts of your case and determine the best solution for you and your future. Give us a call today to get started.
What are my options if I was injured on another’s property?
In the event that you were injured because of a property owner’s negligence, you may be qualified to obtain financial compensation for the burdens you have sustained as a result. There are several other factors that play into a successful premises liability claim, which is why it is so important that you take the following steps after your accident if you are able:
- Call 911 – The police will file a police report and dispatch an ambulance.
- Take plenty of pictures and videos of the scene of the accident, including the hazardous conditions and the injuries you sustained as a result of those conditions.
- Collect contact information including names, cell phone numbers, and emails from any witnesses of the accident. Witness testimony can be an important part of a personal injury claim.
- Seek medical attention to confirm that your injuries are adequately treated.
- Ask your doctor for medical documentation, including the origin of your injuries and the extent of them.
- Retain the services of one of our skilled Houston personal injury attorneys that can help you gather further evidence, including security camera footage, to help your legal claim.
- Be sure to file within the deadline or statute of limitations. In the state of Texas, personal injury claims must be filed within two years of the accident in order to be considered a proper legal claim.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON PERSONAL INJURY FIRM
If you require legal representation for personal injury matters, look no further than The Gonzalez Law Group. Contact us today and plan an initial consultation with our team to learn more about our services and how we can assist you.