If you were injured in a scaffolding accident in Texas, it is in your best interest to consider your legal options. Our dedicated Houston construction accident lawyer is on your side. We are committed to ensuring that you obtain the compensation you need to heal and move forward. Here are some questions you may have:
What are the common causes of scaffolding accidents?
The bulk of scaffolding accidents are preventable, however, they still occur even more often than you may think. In fact, they are one of the most common kinds of construction accidents. If you were recently hurt in a scaffolding accident, our firm can help you fight for the compensation you need to move on. Scaffolding accidents can happen for a number of different reasons. Just some of the most common causes of scaffolding accidents that we see include:
- Unsafe scaffold design
- Negligent scaffold manufacturing
- Violations of OSHA guidelines
- Lack of overhead protection
- Malfunctioning brakes
- Defective pulleys
- Failing to properly secure scaffolds
- Defective fall safety systems
What are the different kinds of construction accidents?
Construction sites are typically jam-packed with workers, machinery, and many kinds of building materials, which, in combination, can, at times, lead to very serious injuries. Some of the most common causes and kinds of construction accidents that our firm sees include:
- Scaffold collapses
- Defective machinery
- Unsafe elevators
- No protection from falling debris
- Dangerous property conditions
- Ladder accidents
What injuries can be sustained in a construction accident?
Construction accidents typically produce some of the most gruesome injuries, and in many cases, these injuries permit the hurt party financial compensation in some way. Some of the most common injuries sustained in construction site accidents include:
- Reactions to chemicals
- Broken bones
- Brain damage and other head injuries
What actions should I take after a construction accident?
If someone is injured on the job, it is important that they take multiple steps to document the accident and ensure their safety. After a construction accident, if you can, you should take the following steps to bolster the chances of having a successful claim:
- Inform their employer and call 911. Emergency services will be dispatched to the scene.
- Ask anyone who saw the accident happen for their contact information.
- Take photos of the cause of the accident (unsafe property conditions, defective machinery, etc.)
- Get a copy of all medical documentation/bills concerning the injury.
- Hire the services of our experienced Houston personal injury attorneys.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON PERSONAL INJURY FIRM
If you require legal representation for personal injury matters, look no further than The Gonzalez Law Group. Schedule your initial consultation with our team to learn more about our services and how we can assist you. Contact us today.