It is important to recognize the various risks associated with swimming pools. If you were hurt in one because of another’s negligence, read on and reach out to our firm today to speak with a skilled Houston premises liability lawyer.
What are the common causes of swimming pool accidents in Texas?
Swimming pool accidents can happen in a number of ways. The most common, however, is usually a result of pool owner negligence. In the event that a pool owner does not keep their grounds safe and someone gets hurt as a result, the pool owner may be held responsible. Pool owners should take the following precautions to avoid accidents from occurring:
- If the pool is deep and individuals are unable to stand, make sure they are strong swimmers before allowing them in the pool
- Install proper barriers, covers, alarms, and fencing on and around the pool
- Never leave a child alone in the water or near it
- Stay away from drains and make sure pools have drain covers
- Stowaway portable ladders when the pool is not being used. Children who are unable to swim are typically drawn to pools.
- Removing the ladders can stop them from climbing into the pool and injuring themselves.
- Pool owners should know how to perform CPR in the event that somebody is drowning
- Avoid electrocution by prohibiting electronic devices near the pool
- Let swimmers know where there are shallow areas where they are incapable of diving
- Always swim sober
Can I seek legal action after a swimming pool accident?
To successfully file a claim for a swimming pool accident, you must be able to demonstrate that your injuries were a direct result of another’s negligence. It is critical to acquire as much evidence as possible to help strengthen the chances of being awarded compensation for your injuries. If you can, take the following steps after your accident:
- Call 911 – The police can send an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, and more.
- Acquire contact information from any witnesses to the accident. If anyone saw the accident occur, they may be able to verify your version of events which can play a large role in a personal injury case.
- Take pictures and videos of the dangerous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Seek medical attention to ensure that your injuries are sufficiently treated. Ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents revealing the origin and severity of your injuries.
- Hire the services of one of our skilled Houston personal injury attorneys to help you collect more evidence that can be vital to your claim.
- Recognize that Texas has a statute of limitations of two years from the date of your accident to file your claim. Ensure that you have punctually met all of your claim’s deadlines with your attorney.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON PERSONAL INJURY FIRM
If you require legal representation for personal injury matters, look no further than The Gonzalez Law Group. Schedule your initial consultation with our team to learn more about our services and how we can assist you. Contact us today.