If you have been injured in a car accident due to the negligence of another party, you are likely looking to take legal action to recover the compensation you deserve. To learn more about the steps you can take after a car accident to increase your chances of filing a successful claim, continue reading and contact our experienced Houston personal injury attorneys.
What are the most common causes of car accidents?
The most common cause of car accidents is negligence. The following are the most common forms of negligence to cause car accidents:
- Excessive speed
- Driving under the influence
- Driving while tired or fatigued
- Distracted driving
What should I do following a car accident?
Take the following steps following a car accident to increase your chances of filing a successful claim:
- Call the police. They will conduct a police report and bring medical assistance to the scene.
- While you wait for the ambulance, collect any witnesses’ contact information including their name, email address, and phone number.
- Photograph the scene of the accident.
- Photograph your injuries.
- Seek immediate medical treatment as soon as the ambulance arrives.
- Collect all relevant medical documentation. These documents should include the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal.
What is the statute of limitations for car accident claims in Houston?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Houston is generally two years. This means that you must file your claim within two years from the date of your car accident. To avoid being barred from suing, it is best to take action as soon as possible. Give our firm a call today to get started. Our legal team is prepared to assist you when you are ready.
Contact Our Experienced Houston Personal Injury Firm
If you require legal representation for personal injury matters, look no further than The Gonzalez Law Group. Schedule your initial consultation with our team to learn more about our services and how we can assist you. Contact us today.