If you were injured on another’s property, you may have a viable premises liability claim. Read on to learn more and reach out to our skilled Houston premises liability lawyer today. Our legal team is committed to ensuring you obtain the compensation you need to heal. The Gonzalez Law Group is just one call away.
What is a premises liability claim in Texas?
In the state of Texas, property owners are held responsible in the case where someone is injured as a result of their failure to maintain their property for the safety of those who enter it. Some of the most typical accidents that can occur as a result of this include:
- Dangerous conditions
- Inadequate maintenance
- Slip and fall accidents
- Poor weather conditions
- Inadequate lighting
- Defective security
What steps should I take after an injury on another’s property?
If you were injured because of another party’s negligence, you may be eligible to receive compensation. There are a number of other factors that go into a successful premises liability claim, which is it is important that you take the following steps after your accident if you can:
- Call 911 – The police will file a police report and send an ambulance.
- Take pictures and videos of the scene of the accident, including the dangerous conditions and the injuries you sustained as a result of those conditions.
- Gather contact information including names, cell phone numbers, and emails from any witnesses of the accident.
- Seek medical attention to ensure that your injuries are properly treated.
- Ask your doctor for medical documentation, including the origin of your injuries and the severity of them.
- Retain the services of a skilled Texas personal injury attorney that can help you collect additional evidence, including security camera footage, to help your legal claim.
- Be sure to file within the deadline or statute of limitations. In the state of Texas, personal injury claims must be filed within two years of the accident in order to be deemed a valid lawsuit.
What damages can I recover?
You may be qualified for financial compensation if you were injured and can prove that your injuries are a direct result of the property owner’s negligence and failure to maintain a safe property for those who enter it. It is essential to understand that there are a number of different types of compensation you can obtain in Texas. Some include the following:
- Lost wages
- Lost future wages
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON PERSONAL INJURY FIRM
If you require legal representation for personal injury matters, look no further than The Gonzalez Law Group. Schedule your initial consultation with our team to learn more about our services and how we can assist you. Contact us today.