Though the last place anyone would expect to sustain a serious injury is in their own home, this happens far more often than you think. If you’ve been hurt in your apartment because of a negligent landlord, you should speak with a Houston apartment accident lawyer at our firm who can fight for the compensation you deserve and need to heal. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.
Houston Apartment Accident Lawyer | Helping Apartment Accident Victims
Were you injured in your apartment due to no fault of your own? Do you require financial compensation to help cover the cost of your medical bills and other damages? You can depend on an experienced Houston premises liability lawyer from our firm to fight for you.
Apartment Accidents in Houston
As you can imagine, apartment accidents can occur for several reasons. Often, when people are injured in their apartments, it is because of landlords failing to provide their tenants with safe living environments. Some of the most common causes of apartment accidents are as follows:
- Failing to install or maintain smoke/carbon monoxide detectors
- Unsafe air or water conditions
- Unsafe apartment complex parking lots or sidewalks
- Poor lighting
- Insufficient security
- Unstable balconies
- Unsafe stairwells or elevators
- Dangerous apartment complex playgrounds or other amenities, such as tennis courts or swimming pools
Documenting an Accident
If you were injured in an apartment, it is critical that you do what you can to document the incident. This can include taking the following steps:
- Call 911.
- Take pictures or videos of the unsafe apartment conditions that caused your accident.
- Notify your landlord of your accident and injuries.
- If there were any witnesses present, take their contact information.
- Once emergency services arrive, ensure you receive immediate medical treatment.
- After you’ve been treated and receive a copy of your medical documentation, reach out to an experienced Houston apartment accident lawyer who can fight for the compensation you need to heal.
Statute of Limitations in Texas
In most cases, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Texas is two years. This gives those who’ve been wrongfully injured two years from the date of their accident to take legal action against the party responsible for their injuries. That being said, the sooner you bring your claim to our firm’s attention, the better.
Contact a Houston Apartment Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been hurt in your home because of a negligent landlord, look no further than our firm. We have the knowledge and experience to help all those who’ve been injured as a result of negligence, and we are prepared to put it to work for you. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation with our seasoned legal team.