If you were recently hurt in a supermarket because of unsafe supermarket conditions, you should speak with a Houston grocery store accident lawyer as soon as you can–you may be entitled to compensation. We don’t typically think of grocery stores as dangerous places, but accidents can happen just about anywhere, and in most cases, they’re preventable. Contact us today to learn more about these accidents and how we can help if you’ve been hurt in one.
Do I Need a Houston Grocery Store Accident Lawyer?
After sustaining an injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, it is always best to proceed with the assistance of an experienced Houston premises liability lawyer. Our firm has fought on behalf of countless clients who were injured because of property owner negligence over the years, and we are ready to fight for you as well.
Grocery Store Accidents in Texas
Grocery store accidents can occur for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, in most cases, grocery store accidents can be avoided, and occur as a result of negligence. Typically, this negligence is on the part of grocery store management or staff. Some of the most common causes of grocery store accidents that our firm sees are as follows:
- Merchandise falling from shelves
- Poorly-placed displays or floormats
- Debris or spilled liquids left in aisles
- Dangerous supermarket parking lots/sidewalks
- Insufficient security
- Runaway carts
After a Grocery Store Accident
When someone is hurt on another person’s property, it is critical that they receive immediate medical treatment and document the incident to the best of their ability, if possible. The best course of action to take after sustaining an injury in a grocery store accident is as follows:
- Call the police and notify the store manager of your injury. Ensure you tell the police you’ve been hurt and require medical treatment.
- Take pictures of the unsafe supermarket conditions that caused your accident.
- Ask witnesses for their contact info.
- Once you are treated in a hospital, you should ensure you keep a copy of any documentation regarding your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced Houston grocery store accident lawyer who can help effectively guide you through the claims process.
Recovering Compensation After an Injury
The goal of any personal injury claim is to help accident victims recover the compensation they need to help offset the physical, emotional, and financial burdens they’ve endured because of their accident. This compensation can help you deal with economic damages, such as lost wages or medical bills, and non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and more.
Contact a Houston Grocery Store Accident Lawyer
Injury claims are time-sensitive, which is why if you’ve been hurt in an accident due to no fault of your own, you should speak with an experienced Houston grocery store accident lawyer as soon as you can. Our firm is here to help. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation.