Oilfield workers are among the hardest-working members of Texas’s workforce, and as you know, the oilfield industry is particularly important to our state. Though oilfields are safe due to various rules and regulations set out by OSHA, there are times where oilfield accidents still occur, and if you’ve been hurt in such an accident, you need an experienced Houston oilfield accident lawyer on your side. Please continue reading and contact The Gonzalez Law Group, PLLC today to learn more about oilfield accidents in Texas and how we can help if you’ve been hurt in one.
Houston Oilfield Accident Lawyer | On Your Side
The experienced Houston personal injury attorneys of The Gonzalez Law Group, PLLC have assisted countless individuals who’ve been injured in oilfield accidents for years, and we know we have the knowledge and skill needed to do the same for you.
Causes of Oilfield Accidents
Oilfield accidents can occur for a wide array of reasons, however, since there are so many variables involved when it comes to oilfields, it is critical that if you are injured in an oilfield accident that you retain the services of an experienced Houston oilfield accident attorney who can assess the situation and determine the liable party.
For example, in many cases, these accidents occur due to defective equipment. In other cases, these accidents are a result of insufficient training, negligent supervisors, or industrial equipment that has not been sufficiently maintained or updated over the years. Oilfield accidents can result in many different serious injuries, including electrocutions, scarring, burns, spinal injuries, knee injuries, traumatic injuries, and, in the worst cases, death. Some of the most common types of oilfield accidents that our firm sees are as follows:
- Pipeline explosions
- Defective equipment (product liability)
- Heavy equipment accidents, such as those involving bulldozers or forklifts
- Insufficiently maintained equipment
- Well blowouts
- Chemical burns
- Slip and fall accidents due to liquid substances left unattended
- Electrical malfunctions, causing electrocutions
- Trucking accidents
- Work-related vehicle accidents
- Dangerous worksite conditions
What to do After an Oilfield Accident
After sustaining an injury in an oilfield accident, you should take the following steps to ensure that you document the incident and receive the medical attention you need:
- Notify your supervisor of the incident immediately. Your supervisor has to know that you were injured.
- Call 911, especially if you believe that you require immediate medical attention, as they will send an ambulance to the scene of the accident.
- Ask anyone who saw your accident for their name and phone number so they can corroborate your claim at a later date.
- Take pictures of the unsafe oilfield conditions that caused your accident.
- Once you are treated at a hospital, ensure that you save all medical documentation/bills associated with your injuries.
- Hire an experienced Houston oilfield accident lawyer who can work to uncover all additional evidence, such as surveillance footage of the accident, needed to satisfy the burden of proof on your behalf.
Contact a Houston Oilfield Accident Lawyer
The bottom line is that if you are someone who was recently injured in an oilfield accident, you need an experienced team of Houston personal injury attorneys who will fight, tooth-and-nail, for the compensation you need to get back on your feet once again. The Gonzalez Law Group, PLLC is here. Contact our firm today to schedule your initial consultation and to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the claims process ahead.