Apartment accidents are serious. If you were hurt in one, you will need a skilled Houston apartment accident lawyer on your side. Our legal team is committed to ensuring you obtain the compensation you need to heal.
How do apartment accidents occur in Texas?
There are a number of different ways that apartment accidents can occur. However, the majority are a result of landlord negligence. Many times, when people are injured in their apartments, it is because of landlords failing to provide their tenants with safe living conditions. Some of the most common causes of apartment accidents include the following:
- Inadequate lighting
- Failing to install or maintain smoke/carbon monoxide detectors
- Unsafe air or water conditions
- Unsafe apartment complex parking lots or sidewalks
- Insufficient security
- Unstable balconies
- Unsafe stairwells or elevators
- Dangerous apartment complex playgrounds or other amenities, such as tennis courts or swimming pools
If you were injured as a result of any of the following, do not wait to reach out to our skilled firm today. We are on your side.
What steps should I take after my apartment accident?
If you would like to pursue legal action after an apartment injury, you will need to obtain as much evidence as possible pointing to the negligence of another. You can accomplish this by doing the following:
- Call 911. The police will file a report and dispatch an ambulance.
- Take plenty of photos and videos of the unsafe apartment conditions that resulted in your accident.
- Inform your landlord of your accident and injuries.
- If there were any witnesses present, take their contact information.
- After emergency services arrive, ensure you receive immediate medical treatment.
- Once you have been treated and obtain a copy of your medical documentation, contact a skilled Texas apartment accident lawyer that can fight for the compensation you need to heal.
What is the statute of limitations in Texas?
Personal injury claims are time-sensitive. This is because the state of Texas has a statute of limitations for most personal injury claims. In Texas, the deadline is two years from the date of the accident. This means that those who have been wrongfully injured two years from the date of their accident pursue legal action against the party responsible for their injuries. Because of this, the sooner you bring your claim to our firm’s attention, the better. Our legal team will ensure you meet each of your claim’s deadlines.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON PERSONAL INJURY FIRM
If you require legal representation for personal injury matters, look no further than The Gonzalez Law Group. Schedule your initial consultation with our team to learn more about our services and how we can assist you. Contact us today.