Parking lot accidents are serious. If you were hurt in one, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Contact our firm today to speak with a skilled Houston slip and fall lawyer today. Our legal team is on your side.
How do parking lot accidents occur in Texas?
Parking lot accidents can occur in a number of different ways, however, the most common cause is a result of driver or property owner negligence. Parking lot accidents can involve two cars, resulting in an auto accident. There are also cases where parking lot accidents involve one car that negligently strikes a pedestrian. Lastly, individuals can also sustain injuries in a parking lot by slipping and falling as a result of hazardous conditions. These conditions can include the following:
- Weather conditions
- Loose debris
- Uneven pavements, including cracks and potholes
- Slippery substances
- Poor lighting
- Inadequate security
If you were injured in a parking lot as a result of any of the above-mentioned causes, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your burdens. Reach out to our firm today to discuss your options.
What should I do after my accident?
If you would like to pursue legal action after your injury, you will need to collect as much evidence as possible pointing to the act of negligence. In order to accomplish this, you can do the following:
- Call 911 – A police officer will file a report and send an ambulance.
- Take photos and videos of the dangerous conditions on the property or of the accident.
- Collect contact information including names, emails, and phone numbers from any witnesses to the accident. This can be helpful later on when filing a personal injury claim.
- Seek medical treatment to make sure that your injuries have been properly treated. You should also ask your doctor to provide you with medical documentation and bills that reveal the severity of your injuries and their origin.
- Retain the services of one of our knowledgeable Houston personal injury attorneys to help you obtain any additional evidence that can be key to your claim.
- Finally, you will want to ensure that you are punctually filing your claim. Most personal injury claims must be filed within two years from the date of the accident to abide by Texas’ statute of limitations. This means that if you fail to file your claim in that time frame, you will likely lose the chance to obtain the compensation you need to heal.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED HOUSTON PERSONAL INJURY FIRM
If you require legal representation for personal injury matters, look no further than The Gonzalez Law Group. Schedule your initial consultation with our team to learn more about our services and how we can assist you. Contact us today.