If you have been injured in an elevator accident, you may be seeking to recover compensation in a personal injury claim. To learn more about taking legal action after an elevator accident and the steps you can take to increase your chances of filing a successful claim, continue reading. For assistance with your upcoming claim, contact our Houston personal injury attorneys.
What are the most common causes of elevator accidents?
The most common causes of elevator accidents include the following:
- Door operator errors
- Improper installations
- Pully system malfunction
- Mechanical breakdown
- Failing to keep equipment up-to-date
- Negligent elevator design
- Abrupt stops
- Faulty wiring
- Power failures
- Drive malfunction
What are the most common injuries sustained in elevator accidents?
Elevator accidents can cause severe injuries. The most common injuries sustained in elevator accidents include the following:
- Crush injuries
- Broken bones
- Severed limbs
- Head trauma
- Back injuries
- Cuts and bruise
- Neck injuries
- Wrongful death
What should I do after being injured in an elevator accident?
Take the following steps after you have been injured in an elevator accident to increase your chances of filing a successful claim:
- Call the police. They will conduct a police report and bring medical assistance to the scene.
- While you wait for the police and ambulance to arrive, photograph the scene and your injuries.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information including their name, email address, and phone number.
- Seek immediate medical attention as soon as the ambulance arrives.
- Collect all relevant medical documents.
- Retain the services of an experienced personal injury lawyer.
What is the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim in Houston?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Houston is generally two years. This means that within two years from the date of your accident you must take legal action to avoid being permanently time-barred from suing. The sooner you can bring attention to your claim, the better. To get started today, contact our firm.
Contact Our Experienced Houston Personal Injury Firm
If you require legal representation for personal injury matters, look no further than The Gonzalez Law Group. Schedule your initial consultation with our team to learn more about our services and how we can assist you. Contact us today.